Frequently Asked Questions & Frequently Cited Issues
“Condensing boilers are too complex. They are hard to set up and troubleshoot.”
- Quick start guides
- Out-of-box boiler and control performance
- Functional testing on 100% of boilers shipped.
“Despite turndown, Low water volume condensing boilers still cycle too much.”
- 10:1 Turndown
- Sage Zone Control supports “Heat Matching” of boiler firing rates to zone sizes.
- Adjustment-Low Fire hold
“What do you allow?”
- Most USB condensing boilers have universal vent connectors that accept all.
“How do your boilers save time on this?”
- Intuitive touch screen boiler control provides adjustments and guidance in plain language.
- Easy quick-start guides to combustion analysis.
“Do you sell these?”
- Yes – we offer a selection of combi boilers.
“How do we reduce labor on this?”
- FastPipe read-made Primary/Secondary piping for K2WT Heating boilers.
“Condensing boilers do not last long. How long will yours last?”
- U.S. Boiler uses the most reliable and popular stainless steel HXs in the world and name-brand major components. U.S. Boiler estimates that its boilers will longer than its various warranties if they are properly maintained.
“How can you reduce wiring time?”
- Separate high and low voltage connection boards.
- Pre-wired LWCO connection on wire harnesses.
- Fuses and spares.
- Cat5 cable included with Sage Zone Controls.
“How can you reduce plumbing time?”
- FastPipe read made primary/secondary piping
- Top and bottom piping on Aspen residential boilers.
“Which SKUs should distributors stock to satisfy more customers?”
- USB Aspen, K2 and Alpine boilers serve both with the same SKUs. Low cost floor legs required on some models.
“Which is better?”
- USB sells and supports both. FireTube – Has more water volume that heats slower; Lower pressure drop requires less pump. WaterTube- Heats fast for combis; higher pressure drop requires a larger pump, but may clear out scale; Easy preventative maintenance.
“Do your boilers qualify for rebates?”
- USB sells models that qualify for different rebate levels.
“Most condensing boilers are the same so I buy on price.”
- Customers save on purchase price when accurately crossing competitive boilers to USB equivalents.
“Service and repair parts must be immediately available.”
- USB and its distributor partners stock and provide sensible repair and maintenance service parts separately or in service.
“I buy based on product training experience and support.”
- USB trains contractors on the road or at the USB factory… Fun also included!
“What is your warranty?”
- 5 year parts / 12 year limited on HX (residential condensing boilers).
Content accuracy and integrity are top priorities of this site. Users should always verify accuracy using actual supplier documentation. Please report errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.